Bengaluru: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech at the valedictory of Parivartan Rally in Bengaluru, terming the Siddaramiah-led Congress rule as 10 percent commission government appears to have given the state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders a shot in the arm.
Cornered by state CM Siddaramaiah on multiple occasions, BJP State President B S Yeddyurappa has taken to Twitter to counter the former. Following the earlier 5 questions, BSY shot five more questions and sought answers from CM on Twitter.
1. The state government spends Rs 3 for the much touted state government’s Anna Bhagya against central government’s Rs 29.64, BSY contended and dared CM to “walk the talk” in this case.
2. Why was the tender process for procurement of 1.5 lakh laptops not followed and contract given to 4 different contractors? Whistle-blower Ajay Nagabhushan who exposed this, was transferred immediately, said BSY, pointing at what he termed Rs 300 Crore “laptop scam.”
3. H. Anjaneya’s wife was allegedly caught accepting a bribe of Rs 7 Lakh to clear a tender for supplying means to hostel students in Morarji Desai Residential Schools run by the Social Welfare Dept. What action has been taken against him? BSY has asked alleging that Anjaneya had submitted inflated bills in purchase of bed and pillows for the under-privileged students of Morarji Desai hostels, causing a loss of Rs 14 Crore to the exchequer.
4. Why officers like Rohini Sindhoori, Rashmi Mathai, Ajay Nagabushan, D Roopa, Subodh Yadav and others were harassed and blessed with “Transfer Bhagya” for performing their duties with honesty & integrity?, he questioned the government on transfers effected.
5. What happened to T N Chikkarayappa and S C Jayachandra (Both considered close to state PWD minister H C Mahadevappa) who were raided by the I-T dept & found in possession of Rs 4.7 Crore in new 2,000 denomination notes, especially when RBI had set withdrawal limits per person?, BSY has questioned.